This is the third post on our Leadership blog.
My name is Jack Gates – and I believe technology is how we do things, not the things we do them with, and leadership continues to evolve through technology. Some key elements to consider.
- Leadership has changed to a hub and spoke structure – no pyramid, no flat linear hierarchy – leader is hub and doers are the spokes – together is a strong and stable framework for solid results (rim).
- Leadership thrives with an open source approach and a collaborative team drawing the best resources when needed – internal, external, or international.
- Just as we learn by doing, leadership is developed by doing – it benefits from shared experiences of others as well.
- The 'New Normal' is a result of changes in business structure, available resources, and markets – leaders examine traditional approach, revising as necessary to adapt.
- Leadership is sharing the vision and communicating – sometimes by speaking, sometimes by listening – the what and empower the doers for the how.
For more, come back to Leadership often – big things are in the plans!
We are creating a community of leadership learners and welcome you to be part of this community. We welcome your thoughts and comments – and sharing your experience to deepen and enrich the discussion.
Share and others will benefit – share and you will learn...isn't that really what leadership is about?